How We Qualify Tenants
Copper Gate Realty qualifies our applicants based on the following criteria:
* Occupancy Guidelines- we may allow for a maximum of 2 occupants per bedroom (example, for a 3-bedroom home, maximum occupancy would be 6 total occupants)
* Lease Start Date - applicants will need to be within 30 days of their lease start/move in date. We will hold a property for up to 30 days after their rental application has been approved, lease has been signed and at least one months' worth of security deposit has been received via certified funds.
* Employment/Income - we will verify that the applicant's total monthly gross income equals on average of 3.5 times the monthly rental amount of the property they applied for
* Criminal History - we will investigate any history of reported criminal charges. CGR does not approve any rental applications that include convicted felonies within the past 7 years. Felony convictions for any drug manufacturing charges, or felony sex offenses on an applicant's record, at any point in their history will be cause for immediate denial.
* Credit History - We will also review their credit report and score. We look at the overall credit picture, to see if the applicant's have any housing-related collections, evictions or any other housing related delinquencies in the last 3-5 years. Applicants with credit scores under 675 may be approved however they may be required to pay a larger security deposit. Credit scores under 625 will not be approved without a strong co-signer.
* Landlord Reference/Residence History - we attempt to confirm at least the last 3 years of rental history. We will contact the applicants current or former Landlords to discuss their rental history. A poor reference from their Landlord, or unknown rental history may result in the applicant having to pay a larger security deposit or denial of their application. If the applicant's currently owns or recently owned their own home, we will obtain verify that they are not/were not recently delinquent. In some cases and if all the other qualifications have been met, we may consider an applicant with a short sale or foreclosure other housing related delinquency- however, they may be required to pay an increased security deposit. Judged evictions within the past 5 years will not be accepted.
* The amount of security deposit we collect will be between 1 - 2 months' worth of rent, depending on their qualifications